Saturday, January 16, 2010

Well, it's been a while....

....since I last posted, and other than "I've been busy" I have no excuses. But since I am home sick instead of working I figured I would make the effort.

Right now I've been focused on finding a job in Florida and Tyler has been focused on what things he needs to do to be able to FINALLY graduate. And I say FINALLY because I remember how exhausting and challenging it was to get through the final year. I know he'll be relieved when he is FINALLY finished and he reached his goal. And I'm so proud of him for stickin' to it.

Our first Christmas together was relaxed. No real decorating this year as we didn't have a tree and spent the holiday with Tyler's family in Florida anyways. We'll have to do better next year. We also spent New Year's with Tyler's family in Georgia.

All in all, we're learning to become well travelled and how to pack really well. One helpful hint is to stock up on little pop up laundry bags. Easy to fold to put into a suit case or under a car seat to store dirty laundry created during a trip. Also handy for piling shoes into for ease of travelling or presents. Just a very useful item.

And since it has been soooooooooo long since I last posted I will end on a cute picture of my niece and nephew. It just happened to snow when they went to visit our grandparents in North Carolina. Needless to say this was their first experience with the fluffy coldness because, yeah, we're from Georgia. I have to say I wish I had been there to enjoy this wonderful first time with them.

Double trouble right there! Those look like decent sized snowballs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be fun.....a nice snowball fight!