Tuesday, April 7, 2009

That's My King!

That's My King! I LOVE this video. It was shared by my dear British Becky who is a sweet lady and a faithful servant of our King. So I had to share it because it highlights just how awesome our King is.....and when you think about it.....how amazing is it that someone so majestic, so pure, so high, so mighty should love us? We who are weak, broken, and pathetic on our own? How awesome is it for Him to have given His life for ours? To know that God looks at Christ and pardons us? How awesome is that? Just something to think about as we celebrate the life, death, and resurrection of our King this coming weekend.

Once upon a time when I was a Sunday school teacher (and before I knew Christ personally) during an Easter lesson one of my students asked me a question that caught my attention. He wanted to know that if God demanded a perfect sacrifice, why did He wait til Jesus was all grown up to have Him die on the cross? Why didn't God just kill Jesus when He was a baby? I had to admit I was quiet for a minute. But what I told him was that Christ had to grow up to show us how to live, so that we had an example to follow. Also because Christ had to submit to God's will. He had to choose to die for us. That question still causes me to stop and think sometimes.

And now....in sillier thoughts.....I baked a decent apple pie using a new recipe. I added a caramel flavoured syrup to the crust. I would have taken to my gals who were working on the night shift but we had a horrible rain storm last night and I admit it was a bit scary. I sure wish someone/anyone lived close enough to eat the things I bake and try out my new recipes. But praise God for the rain and His many blessings. (And also for an apartment that smells really nice)!!! L♥ve yas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol Sure wished we lived closed enough to enjoy them too. It won't be long until you have someone there to sit through the rain storms with you.
Kids do say the darnest things to make us think things through just a little deeper.
Praise God for a risen Savior...Happy Easter! :)