Friday, April 24, 2009

Quick Wedding Update

Two weeks. TWO WEEKS. TWO. WEEKS. TWO WEEKS. Two weeks and I will be a married woman. I have a cousin who is coming to visit and help me clean up. (Mostly cause he wants out of the house and to meet Tyler. Hanging out with me is just a side bonus). But two weeks and I will be married. Excitement and feeling like a possible freak out could happen any moment......though I am mostly calm...it's just like that feeling you get when you're watching a zombie movie and you know someone is about to get eaten but you just can't quite tell who or at what precise moment...you just know it's going to happen. The anticipation is building. Oh, and I found out one of my fave persons (Sharon) who first exposed me to Florida (a state which a few years ago I mostly despised thinking of it as little more than a swamp filled, gator infested, hurricane trap with a few overrated beaches interspersed) is coming to the wedding. I am SO excited about this. She is a lovely older than me (by maybe 20 years) Christian woman whom I admire. We worked together in youth ministry for many years and she is one of the people I think God placed in my life so I would come to know Him. So I am really excited she is coming. I need to avoid baby sections. I blame it all on Dallas but I cannot decide what to get her so I am trying to avoid these sections in stores or else I feel I may come home with more than I intend. Can hardly wait to meet her. But well, baby sections are full of really cute, colourful, cuddly things. Which I suppose is good cause from my understanding babies are supposed to be cute and cuddly. (From a nursing perspective colourful, too. Acrocyanosis FTW! Not really ftw, but it makes me feel smart to use a word most people have to look up.) *sticks tongue out*

I sure hope everything I have ordered arrives on time. I am so excited and nervous and just can hardly believe it will be two weeks. I only work six days out of the next two weeks. Two sets of three twelve (if only) hour shifts. I may end up working in the ICU during one more shift. First time floated to that unit two nights ago. I had three supposedly easy patients. Night was going well til one of them coded. The man literally just stopped breathing while I and resp therapy tried to get his O2 increased. Watching someone turn blue as you do everything you can to keep them from doing that will definitely get your heart pumping (especially when the heart stops beating after that). The ICU staff we have are very knowledgable and helpful and it was a successful code. Now what is funny about this is that I volunteered to go to ICU that night instead of taking the hall with the patients I had the night before. My nursemate Cindy was supposed to go but I let her talk me into going cause I needed the learning experience. That morning when I left I found a yellow sticky on my car from Cindy "I got out of here before you got me." I also had found out that night Cindy is the one who always takes the parking spot I like which is another reason she was quick to leave. (It's just a parking spot and I am flexible, but it added to the humour). I have a plan to get her back though. *grins impishly*

And I have to say God has blessed me with some humourous, fun to work with, knowledgable, supportive nursemates on the floor. I really enjoy working with people and love our little hospital.....I just hate paper work and having seven patients I don't feel I can give enough time and attention.

Also as a wedding gift Tyler and I might be getting a ferret whom we shall name Twitch and teach neat tricks to.....and I figure if a ferrent can survive us and we have learn enough watching Dustin and Angela with Dallas maybe in a few years I will get over my fear of pregnancy exit strategies......BUT ANYWAYS.....JUST TWO WEEKS!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly......boy time flies when your having fun...or anticipating something exciting. :)