Friday, August 14, 2009

Updates!

Okay............so I may have been a bit slack on this blogging thing but in my defense, we've been busy. When I'm not working we're usually getting things set up for our eventual move to Florida (ha! I thought I'd never), kinda organizing our life, doing errands, and travelling.

Since the last blog we have gotten my glasses which I think are awesome and taken Tyler for his eye appointment. Prolly post a picture once we both actually have our glasses.

We've spent the last several days down in Jacksonville getting the house there tidied up a bit and getting things set up for Tyler's eventual return (August 24th) to school. *sniff* I will miss him when he isn't here everyday. On the way there we got a ticket for "failure to move." There were several troopers and utility vehicles driving along the grass/interstate and we could not get over a lane even though we slowed down because there was a white car blocking us. So one of the last troopers decided to follow us over to the other side of the interstate once that white car was out of the way and we finally made it into the next lane. I really believe we deserved a warning at the most. Driving back was a bit less exciting until we went through what was prolly the closest thing I've ever been to a hurricane. (And I'm voluntarily moving to Florida *wink*).

I have to say the time in Florida was much more fun than the coming and going. We took care of some things at UNF and had a night to eat out and play games with Josh and Lena who are one of the sweetest couples we know. I was able to spend time with Angela (and consequently baby Dallas) and have lunch with her and that guy she married who's really hyped about becoming a daddy. They have decorated Dallas's room so beautifully and it has to be one of the most girliest rooms ever. And of course it was fun to hang out with Tyler's parents and meet the neighbors. And it was so cute to be able to watch Tyler cuddle with the puppies.

And last before our trip to Jacksonville we were able to make a lot of progress on getting my Florida nursing license which as you may've read about before has been a bit of a challenge. The sum total for getting everything (hopefully) done that was required not including postal fees, gas, and time spent running around because of misleading instructions is as follows:

Georgia License Name Change: $25.00
Florida License Application: $223.00
*License Verification: $30.00
Fingerprint Cards: $4.00
Fingerprinting Services: $5.00

Grand Total: $287.00

*License verification since being a registered nurse means that they don't have the time to check for my name and license number (which they have on MULTIPLE documents by now).

Overall it didn't cost as much as I thought. All we do know is cross our fingers, eyes, and toes while hopping on one foot (I think I'll just pray) that we get approved without further documentation or fees. Then I start applying for jobs at the hospitals we've been checking out.

Will keep y'all updated as updates develop. (Or until I write one really long post).

Oh, and football PREseason has officially started. I miss my husband already. *wink*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Football season.....I was just talking to dad today on our way home from Jacksonville saying that my dream is to be able one day to get season tickets for all 6 of us. We'll make a JAG fan out of you sooner or later....hummmm, maybe one day. AND oh, you guys moving to Jacksonville is just the cherry on top. How much better can life get. ;)