Tuesday, February 17, 2009

N00b

My first blog. Who woulda thunk it? If you couldn't tell I've not written a blog (unless you count the thingie on my hasn't-been-checked-in-I-dunno-how-long myspace account) before...so this shall be rather blah until I can figure things out...which could be a while...

Why am I doing this? Per suggestion of my future mom-in-law! She sent me the link to my future sister-in-law's blog (which has a pretty set up which you can see for yourself). The suggestion was that this would be a neat way to keep up to date on what is going on with loved ones' lives and to record all the pre-wedding happenings....(I suppose I shall introduce myself and get into that)...so that I shall have a nice little log of all my thoughts. And I have had OODLES to think about!

I suppose there is a place that I could tell you (whomever you are.....I'm not really sure who is supposed to OR who will read this thing) details about myself. BUT until I figure out where that is I shall just cover the basics here. *smiles*

Firstly, I'm a Christian who has a lot to learn and is looking forward to a life time of learning. Mayhap I shall share my testimony on here at some point. I am hoping (and praying) to become brave enough to share my love for such an amazing Saviour on a mission trip someday.

Secondly, I'm a nurse. I work nightshift on a telemetry unit which means most of the patients I care for have cardiac issues. Nightshift means I'm prolly asleep when you're up and I'm pale from the lack of solar exposure. (Not to mention that driving during the day sucks beans cause there are actually other people on the road and GLARE! Plus side is stores other than Wal-mart are actually OPEN). This is another area in which I am looking forward to a lifetime of learning. Being a nurse has developed a bit of a germophobic side to my personality. I LOVE GermX. I have tripled the supply of GermX I carry with me since I started dating my fiance. I may have to buy stock in the company.

Thirdly, I love my family and I am going to be starting a new family with a wonderful man! Yup, if you hadn't figured it out yet........I'm getting married this year! On May 8th! To a Tyler Ryan! ♥♥♥ Yes, I'm going to be learning for a lifetime in this area, too! But what a blessing! I am so excited and nervous and bajillions of beans worth of other feelings. And I have never had to make so many decisions or answer so many questions since I took my nursing boards! Actually.....the NCLEX didn't have nearly the amount of questions on it that I had to answer when I bought my wedding dress. I have never owned such a beautiful or expensive dress, either. And I did not realize that wedding cake was so expensive either! And as a nurse I KNOW what will happen to that cake after about an hour! Good gravy beans! But well, in the end, I am only going to do this wedding thing ONCE and I'm blessed to share such a happy event with Tyler and other loved ones. But seriously, this is only going to happen once. *grins* I'll have to tell you all about my Tyler and how he convinced me to be his girlfriend. (It's really cooler than frigid arctic beans that I'm going to be his wife).

Other basic information includes a shorter than average attention span, lack of grace (as demonstrated by my inability to walk without taking a trip), fondess for expressing myself in terms of beans, a tendency to ramble when I don't know what else to say, a quirky sense of humour, generalized weirdness, and affinities for tea, Tinkerbell, glitter, hand sanitizer, books, and duct tape.

And that's about it. God bless til the next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Blog world....I look forward to keeping up with your doings and how your plans for the wedding come along.