Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still a N00b

Second post.....I've clicked on random tabs....and well....at least I know how to post. Sad thing is I should be sleeping now. The last two nights at work certainly challenged me as a nurse and as person. I left late both nights and was so tired that most of the sleeping I did today was in the car. Have you ever been so worn out and tired that you cannot sleep? That's why I started checking out this blog thing.

Anyhow, far as goings on....I spent some time in Florida and managed to get much accomplished with the help of Tyler and his mom. We know who is going to do the cake and have a basic idea on how most of the decorating will be done for the wedding and reception. My trunk is still full of the flowers we are going to use for the bouquets for the bridesmaids and some other decorating. I have NO CLUE what sort of bouquet I want to carry. We still need a photographer. Still need a third bridesmaid. I kinda feel pushed to ask someone other than my two besties who don't think they can make it and yet I feel it awkward to ask anyone else at this point. We ordered our rings. They are epically cool. I think it's neat that Tyler and I have the same ring size though his hands are bigger with longer, skinny fingers than my short, chubby fingers. It's weird because for every one thing we get done there seems to be a dozen more things to figure out. I will admit that the more we get accomplished the more at ease I feel.

Then after I came home and worked for a couple of days Tyler and my grandparents came to spend the weekend with me. This was exciting because I have never really hosted anything at home. I never had any friends over or slumber parties or anything growing up so I had no clue what to do! Angela (Tyler's sister-in-law) gave me some quite helpful advice about what to do and what to serve. Tyler was an amazing help when he was here, too. He even did the dishes and took out the trash without asking! He also cooked these amazingly juicy hamburgers that everyone loved. We all went to Savannah for a day just to check out the visitor's center and walk the Riverfront. It was beautiful and much fun as we were able to walk aboard a modernized sail boat. Tyler and I went to an amazing concert. We saw George Winston, my fave pianist, play the piano in a way I have never seen. He actually reached into the piano and played directly on the strings at several points!! He also played the guitar and harmonica. A very talented musician and we're using his music during the wedding. Also a major accomplishment was that my Gramma brought her address book so that Tyler and I could spend a whole day working on invitations. I will admit that I was fairly lazy and let Tyler do most of the work. For being such a hard worker I let him pour the glitter in the envelops. *smiles*

All in all I have to say that I feel like we're making progress. I do not feel nearly as overwhelmed about the actual wedding. I think I am blessed to have so many people in Tyler's family that are willing to help. I think I am freaking out a little bit about the fact that I will be married. That means Tyler will have to put up with me until we die. Or are raptured. Whatever comes first. Just the idea of being a wife is starting to sink in a bit. That is the thing I dislike about chick flicks. The gal gets a guy and they marry at which point life is amazing and all problems seem to be solved. But if you survive the ceremony what happens next??? The wedding for better or worse is one day. Marriage is a life time. Most of my friends never married and I know I don't want to mimic most of the marriages in my family. How does one even be a good wife let alone a Godly wife? I've been praying on this and plan to keep praying on this.

Anyhow.....I still have a bajillion bean's worth of questions and need a nap. So God bless and catch ya on the flip side.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'm glad your weekend with your visitors went well! And I'm glad to hear that your wedding stuff is going well, too! We got your invitation the other day...Tyler brought it over. There is now glitter all over my kitchen :)

Kelly Marie said...

It didn't go exactly as I had imagined the weekend but everyone enjoyed themselves and my grandparents thought Tyler was a "keeper" so I am happy. Nothing like glitter to brighten up a room though!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the plans are coming...talked to Paula today over at the office and she had some ideas and for the center pieces for the table at the rehereasal dinner and a lot of things they have here the glass hurricane cover to go over the candle that will sit on a small mirror with ivey and small flowers of your color to go around them, hope you can visualize that :) Joel, manager over the kitchen here has white table clothes and I want to get some wide blue ribbon to drap the table. Its coming along....have you schedule in your mind when you are getting the alterations for your dress? Also, still try and find an actual picture of a wedding cake that you want, not sure if the drawing you provided will help. Your probably having some trouble sleeping due to all the activities dancing in your head of the pass exciting events and also future exciting events.....
Take care and have a great week-end.