Friday, February 27, 2009

Just Thinking

These last several years have seen many changes. It seems my family grew apart. We welcomed a new baby and wept over the death of some loved ones. Both my brothers moved out and entered relationships with women they plan on marrying. Eventually. *sticks tongue out* I graduated from nursing school, moved out, and started working as a nurse. Talk about a culture shock for a girl who had previously only been away from her family for five days in her life and had no idea what she was capable of doing on her own. (Though I was never really alone).

I've experienced a lot of firsts such as roller coasters, getting a car, driving on roads that have more than two lanes, climbing up a wall which wasn't nearly as terrifying as going down it, eating things (like lobster, pickled okra, etc), buying a new computer (which thankfully was prepped by Tyler), new games, decorating my own apartment.....

...and then when I was least expecting it (technically I was trying to avoid it indefinitely if not forever) I entered a relationship with a man whom I shall be spending the rest of my life with after we marry in May. Getting ready for a wedding creates a whole new list of first time experiences that fortunately will remain once in a lifetime experiences. His family is almost a polar opposite of mine but very loving and weird (mostly it's the males who are weird). And his family is expanding further cause there's gonna be a baby this year, too!

Now thinking on all this I've realized how life can be a bit scary but also how wonderful and loving is our God. (And patient, too, to put up with stubborn creatures like me). When I think back on these happenings I'm kinda shocked at how far I've come, how much I've grown, and what there still is to face. But really thinking about marriage (all Tyler's fault) and babies (all Dustin and Angela's fault) I realize there are a LOT of new responsibilities. (*wink*) It seems overwhelming a bit cause I'm about to share my life with some weird man and I have never even had to share a room with someone else (the benefit of being the only girl).

Tyler is always reminding me about the importance of words in my life. Words are powerful. John 1 :14 I listen to music nearly all the time and the real point of this blog (my next goal is to write a SHORT blog post) is to share a song that comforts me. I am also going to link some scripture with the lyrics. Hopefully that works out. The song is You're My Little Girl by Go Fish. (I LOVE that name). Lyrics and scripture are as follows and God bless ya:

The ones you love they let you down
And I want you to know that I�m sorry
The choices that they made were wrong Proverbs 1:7
You were caught in the middle and I�'m sorry

So when the anger and the pain
Get the best of you
I know it seems like you�re all alone Deuteronomy 31:8
But I am feeling it too

Chorus
'Cuz you're my little girl
You�re the one that I created Jeremiah 1: 5
No one in this world could ever be like you
When you're cryin' in the night Psalm 18: 6
All you need to do is call me
I�ll be there for you
'Cuz you�re my little girl

When you're lookin in the mirror
I hope you're likin' what you see
Because no matter what you're feelin'
You're perfect to me

Because I see you as a child John 1:12-13
Blameless in my sight 2 Corinthians 5:17
Just spend some time with me
And I�ll make everything alright

Chorus

Bridge
I know you don't deserve what you've been through
I know it doesn't seem fair
I know that there are times you think you're alone
But you've got to know that I will be there, be there


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I am so excited to adding another girl to my family of boys.....God IS so good! I am getting TWO new addition to my family. keeping writing.

Tyler said...

Jermiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope!