Thursday, March 12, 2009

Job satisfaction, please? And other stuff...

I used to love going into work. Taking care of people. I still love caring for people but it just seems like I don't get to do much of that lately and it's frustrating. We're short on help and we get a bunch of new policies dumped on us all at once instead of introducing one thing at a time and letting a majority of the people get used to it before introducing another. It seems as if the work load is increasing though we are still expected to finish on time. I prolly should not even mention being frustrated because I am sure I signed something in my initial contract that states I should never become a disgruntled employee or else.......not that I'm disgruntled......yet....

There is also something work related that I need prayer about if y'all don't mind. Other than the actual working conditions....though hopefully there is to be some improvements soonly. And in spite of everything, I have to thank God for keeping me employed in the rough times and for co-workers who keep the nights tolerable...and for the rough times that make us appreciate those good ones.

In other news....not quite sure where the wedding plans are at....cause we're at so many different spots with different things. It's been fun but it's still a lot of work. I think I now understand why people should only get married once. *KIDDING* (But I really do plan to only marry once)> So much yet to be done and it's LESS THAN TWO months away!!!!!!!! I'm not sure when the panic should set in but I think we'll get a lot more accomplished with this next trip. I just need to schedule my times on and off from work carefully this next month cause it seems I need to be so many places. Good news is that we're getting RSVP's back from people.....and I've heard that some people were even amused by the glitter. (Oddly enough Tyler was the one that put all the glitter in the envelopes...though I did mention which ones he should put extra glitter in...yay for teamwork!!!)

And lastly, I will say I am REALLY hyped about Dustin and Angela's beanie baby (though he or she is looking less like a bean). Why? Well, after this May that baby will be a neice or nephew that I may actually get to see before he or she is three or four years old. Babies are kinda neat and baby things are really cute (I keep "accidentally" wandering the baby aisle at Wal-mart/other randoms shops) but as for my cousins, nieces, nephews, God children, I did not get to see them until they were three or four. Well, I did see Alyssa I think twice when she was a baby. *sigh*

And last night I had a fun break as I drove down to Jacksonville go to dinner and a movie with Tyler. That really cheered me up. We saw Coraline. NOT what I thought it was going to be....it was actually kinda scary. There's Tim Burton for ya. But the theme was a good one, things are not always at they seem and at some point you have to be content with what ya have.

I'll work on the shorter blog thing next time. *sticks tongue out*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo, I know we need to get the ceiling measurements so Nana can figure out just how much tule we need and we can get that ordered. We also need a "picture" of a wedding cake to give to Jen so we can get a cost. What else do you have on your to do list that we need to get done here? I know you need to make a appointment to get your dress fitted....sooner than later because you might have several fittings that you will have to do to get it just right, so take that into consideration.

Hope Im not being to pushy....Im starting to get anxious about getting everything done too.
I know it will pull all together but ask Tyler....I'm a worrier (sorry)

I pray that everything will work out with your job. I know it is a stressful job but when your in the line of work, whether its health care or education politics IS going to be envolved and tend to steal your joy of your work. Take care and God Bless.
Mom :)

Angela said...

I like long posts! Don't try to make them shorter!

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help with wedding stuff, but if you think of anything, please let me know! I'd love to be a part of it.

I'm glad to hear that you're excited about our baby. I'm pretty excited myself :)

Are you going to come over one night next week?

Dustin said...

FYI "soonly" is not a word. ;)

Kelly Marie said...

Mom: I sent you an e-mail with some updated ideas and a picture of the cake. I'm a panicker...I won't worry about something until suddenly I'll just panic about it....and then not worry about it for a while til I panic about it later. Thanks for all the help you've been.

Angela: I'm not quite what you can help with til I finish my to do list but I surea appreciate the offer. And I cannot imagine how excited you have to be whenever you look at your belly and realize that there is someone else in there. And I think I may be spending the night with you but I am not quite sure what that plan is yet.

Dustin: *sticks tongue out*