Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Exhausted/Blessed

So thank the Lord I made it home safely from Florida at seven in the morning last Friday. I got unpacked, slept, and worked that night. Thank the Lord again that it was a good night at work....and thank Him even more cause the next two nights I worked were good, too. Sleep all day but I have the whole list of errands and chores to do.....which I did go pay off somethings, pick up somethings, and then get groceries....after which I come home, put the cold things away, and then lay down on the couch and talk to my sweetbean (Tyler) about wedding plans, the future. We pray and then he goes to bed. So I lie there a few minutes and think about all the things I need to finish: wedding invitations, putting the groceries away, putting the clean clothes away, going out for change so I can wash all the dirty clothes (then putting those away), organizing the closet, taking out all the trash, all the cleaning, vacuuming, dishes, tending to the almost dead houseplants, pens pals that need responses, drawings I owe people, etc.....when I fall asleep and wake up the next day at 8:50 am. Thank the Lord again for my being the only one to see how much of a slob I can be.....and more so thank Him for much needed rest and having stuff to do to keep me busy and more so for people to care for. And I will finish putting away the dishes this morning while I listen to praise songs before I get ready to go back to bed.....cause I work these next two nights. And thank God for my crazy work schedule even though my boss forced me to change everything to meet the two weekend quota (that doesn't seem to apply to all employees) as I now will be scheduled to go back to Florida when my wedding dress will be ready for the next fitting and when Tyler will be in the same town. And thank God for friends and family who are so helpful and thoughtful. I've been so blessed with friends, family, and co-workers who are kind to me and full of advice. This makes me think of the song Sheltering Trees by Newsong. My favourite line is "We all need sheltering trees, friends in our lives who get down on their knees, lift us up before the King of Kings." Thanks y'all! God bless and catch ya on the flip side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy can be good....doesnt leave room for worry! ANYTHING you need me to do let me know.
Love ya
MOM

Dustin said...

Awww sweetbean. That's so precious. I think I'll start calling Tyler sweetbean!

Anonymous said...

We do know Tyler can be a bean.....but I wouldn't describe it as sweet. :(

Anonymous said...

More stinkey.......