Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Dazedoodler

Put a writing utensil in my hand and some bitty doodle will come to life. If we hadn't finally tossed my old notes from nursing school (eradicating the evidence) when Tyler moved in after the wedding you would have seen how little notes I took. The title of this blog comes from the true story that during looooong lectures (or short ones) my time-challenged attention span force me to either fall asleep or doodle. (I had professors who would ask me what I had drawn that day). After all, if I had not become a nurse, I would have gone to art school.

I've been doodling my whole life. And after twenty-something odd years of doing this I've developed quite a knack for it. It just comes natural. It's something I enjoy immensely and now that has been amplified by having a loving, supportive husband who enhances my cranial emesis with his own crazy talent. You can see a bit of this as my blog changes. The title is a computer enhanced version of my plain black and white scritchings. My sweet Tyler took the time to smooth out the lines an colourize the rest of it. All in all, I am quite pleased. = )

Hopefully at some point I will have the surrounding edges filled with some of my more adorable (in my opinion) characters that I've become quite fond of doodling. Each character has their own bit of history and perhaps something shall come of it some day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your header.....You both did a good job. ALSO.....its about time you updated your blog. :)