Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vertically Challenged

It's nice to have just a couple days off to stay home and relax. Work on some projects and things we just can't do anywhere else.

Last week when we went to Augusta to visit my brother and his sweet (and energetic family) Tyler took the camera though he somehow managed to never have it when we needed it. Tyler and Scott (my brother) had a blast playing Gears of War together while I was able to hang out with Jessica and the kids. All of us some friends went to the field to play some good ol' fashioned baseball. It had been YEARS since I last played but I'm still a decent player and managed to make it on base several times. Tyler impressively hit a couple triples and even some home runs. Short game due to the heat though but Ty and I were able to take our niece (Ana who is 7) and nephew (Zander, affectionately called "Zee," who is 3) to get ice cream. It was so much fun to watch Tyler try to eat his rapidly melting ice cream while trying to entertain Zee.

And this past Sunday we had a fun time this weekend going to a family reunion on Tyler's Nana's side of the family. My husband of course, as is his custom, left the camera at home so no pictures. But it was neat getting to meet everyone and the food was DELICIOUS. We were also able to fish a bit with Uncle BK and cousin Frank (on Ty's side). Well, at least Tyler tried to teach me how to fish. I think we may have to get a pole or two of our own and practice more. Either that or stick to fishing at the grocery store. Guaranteed catch every time!

And then lastly on Sunday we were able to meet my Uncle Steve, who is a trucker, at a nearby truck stop. We had fun chatting with him and had more ice cream. It was good to see him and he can still pick me up over his shoulders. Hopefully we'll be able to pop up to North Carolina to see him and his fiance before school starts back for Tyler this fall.

BUT now we get to the title of this blog, vertically challenged. Being that we still have a few days off to relax, do chores, and other errands around our apartment I decided to get my little blue duster thing and wipe some dangly cobwebs off the ceiling. I have a fairly low tolerance (almost none) for clutter and dust anywhere other than our desks so I had to eliminate these randomly spaced dust danglers from our ceiling before I could vacuum. Without using the stool I have to jump from my tip toes four or five times while swatting maniacly to get one of these little dust danglers down. My Tyler, on the other hand, came along and JUST REACHED up with his fingers and PLUCKED the danglers from the ceiling. Ty's height has never bothered me but something about him being able to reach up and touch our ceiling without his heels ever leaving the floor both amuses and irks me. Oh thee well. I love Ty even if I get to be short compared to him. ♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol I know what-cha mean. Ty's father,who too is tall, had to help me, shorter than he, to reach those randomly spaced dust danglers. lol
But unfortunately our ceilings are vaulted which made it even more challenging for me, even with my "white" duster. So my sweet loving husband who had come in from work so me stretching/jumping trying to get those "randomly spaced dust danglers" and was sweet enough to take over the task.....I love my "tall" husband.